Client Type: Estate Home
Location: Thornhill, ON
Technologies: Lutron Homeworks, URC TotalControl, RasPi
- After Liftmaster changed garage door operatory type to exclusively wireless Security+ 2.0 protocol, C+A system failed.
- Implemented contact closure to wireless control interface to allow C+A system to control garage door opener.
- C+A system again failed sensing CC inputs after firmware upgrade rendering operation of garage door and gates inoperable.
- C+A vendor was unable to provide a solution to the firmware upgrade issues for such a critical functional fail.
- Implemented complete workaround of C+A contact closure inputs and outputs with custom software using RasPi’s GPIO capabilities.